An official of Kano Electricity Distribution Company [KERDCO], Usaini Usman, has been electrocuted while disconnecting an electricity cable in Kano. The deceased, aged 37, died on Thursday afternoon when his head got in contact with a high tension power line at the Federal College of Education, Kano.
Alhaji Mustapha Rilwan, Kano State Director, Fire Service, confirmed the incident in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria, NAN.
He said that a Good Samaritan called the fire service and was dispatched to the scene; at about 2:33 pm. Rilwan said the deceased was conveyed to Murtala Mohammed Specialist Hospital where he was confirmed dead.