Following the shocking demise of eight teenage footballers who were killed in a road accident, the Ghana Football Association (GFA) has expressed its condolences to their respective families.
Recall that the tragic and gory accident happened on Saturday in the country’s Ashanti region and atleast 30 people were injured.
Speaking on the sad incident, the commander of the Police Motor Traffic and Transport Department, Edmund Nyamekye stated that four of the injured had been rushed to hospital and were in critical condition.
The accident occurred when the footballers were returning from Afrancho, a community in the Ashanti region, the commander said.
According to a report, the driver of their bus lost control and plunged into a river, submerging all occupants.
Reports said the young footballers went to Afrancho to register for a football-related event.
An investigation is underway to determine the cause of the accident.
The Ghana Football Association in a condolence statement sent to the families of the dead commiserated with them.
“The GFA wishes to express our deepest condolences to the families of the eight young footballers who passed away after the car they were traveling on submerged,” the GFA said in a statement.