2019 United States of America Embassy Scholarship Award for International Student
Number of Scholarships: Up to 10,000
Value of Scholarships: This is a Full government sponsored scholarship
Duration of Scholarship: For the duration of the programme
Select your country of origin. Follow the specific instruction on the page.
Sponsors: US Embassy Awards in Africa, an initiative of the United States Government.
About the Award: United States Embassy Awards, a cornerstone of the US Government’s development
assistance program for Africa, provide access to postgraduate education, training and professional
development opportunities for suitably qualified Africans from eligible countries.
On their return to the workplace, US Embassy Awards Alumni are expected to contribute actively to development in their home countries.
Offered annually? Yes
To be taken at: United States Universities.
Priority Fields (varies by African country)
- Agriculture/Food Security
- Public Policy (including public sector management, public sector reform, trade, international diplomacy)
- Environmental Management
- Natural Resource Management (including mining-related subjects)
- Technical and Vocational Education & Training (available for Short Courses only)
- Energy (including Natural Gas and Oil Technology)
- Natural Resource Management
- Transport (including Ports, Roads and Airports Management)
Comoros, Congo (Republic of), Djibouti, Egypt, Ethiopia, the Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya,
Malawi, Mali, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome & Principe, Senegal,
Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia etc.
In addition to the above, the following countries are eligible for Short Course Awards (SCAs).