Update on Kogi Prison Break, You Need to See the Numbers of Prisoners That Have Been Recaptured So Far

kogi prison break

This is contained in a statement issued by the spokesperson of the Service, Francis Enobore, and made available to newsmen on Sunday in Abuja, according to NAN.

The Controller-General of Prisons, Ja’afaru Ahmed, has confirmed that five of the 13 prisoners who escaped from Koton Karfe prison in the early hours of Saturday have been re-arrested, NAN reports.

 

The statement said Mr. Ja’afaru confirmed the re-arrest of the inmates when he made an on-the-spot assessment of the prison.

 

It said the five pre-trial detainees among escapees were re-captured with the assistance of other security agencies and local vigilante groups, adding that they have been returned to the prison.

 

The C-G assured that appropriate measures were being put in place to address congestion in prisons particularly among prisoners awaiting trial in line with the reform agenda of the Federal Government.

 

The C-G stated that security arrangement is being strengthened in and around prison facilities across the country to forestall future occurrence.

 

The 180- capacity all male prison facility inaugurated in 2014 accommodated 263 inmates as at the time of the jailbreak.